Room service attendants in hotels of all sizes deliver food, drinks, silverware and condiments to guest rooms to fulfill guest orders. The room service attendant wheels the tray into the guest room with the guest’s approval, sets up the table, opens platters and identifies each portion. The attendant may check back later to remove the cart. Depending upon the size of the hotel, room service attendants also may be responsible for taking guest orders by phone. These servers must be familiar with the hotel menu to answer any guest questions, such as those concerning food allergies. When they are not delivering items to guest rooms, room service attendants may be responsible for stocking supplies for orders.
What you’ll do:
- Answer Room Service telephones and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu, including, but not limited to, restaurant promotions, specials, how menu items are prepared, etc.
- Upsell food and beverage items including, but not limited to, sides, dessert, beverages, and special promotion items
- Take guest food and beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Reconcile check upon delivery of order including, but not limited to, verifying check totals, and gratuity disbursement.
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- 18+ required 21+ preferred.
- Food Handler Permit, Alcohol Certification.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, proficiency in handling large sums of money, and demonstrate ability to multi-task. i.e, ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
- Requires exercise of judgment within policy guidelines, problem solving and initiation of activities with in job description, and strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning, weekends, holidays, and depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift – 5.30 am – 1.45 pm and 1.45 pm to 10 pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Snowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon, and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain.”
Why make the move to Snowbird:
· Snowbird is a year-round resort offering full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. Working at Snowbird requires flexibility, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help your fellow team members in any situation.
· Snowbird has three priorities above all else: team members, guests, and the environment. Happy, motivated team members result in happy, satisfied guests, all working and playing in an environment unlike any place in the world.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee ski pass and ski benefits for qualified partner and dependents
- 3 complimentary & ten half-price lift tickets for friends and family
- Employee-only ski days
- Free lift tickets at all Powdr Corp. resorts* and free access to Woodward Park City*
- 10 Complimentary All-Day Activities Passes during the summer*
- 10 complimentary scenic Tram rides
- 50% off food at Snowbird eateries for employees
- Six free Mountain School lessons per season
- Up to 50% off rental gear and repair services*
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Up to 50% off lodging for employees, friends & family*, if available
- 20% off Cliff Spa services
- Subaru VIP Program: $1000 – $3000 off MSRP
- Superior Child Care: special rates on full-day and any 4-hours
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
* Additional discounts and perks are available. All are subject to change and restrictions may apply.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (29)
Barista – Starbucks on June 7, 2023 Part Time Full Time
F&B Admin Assistant on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Service Manager on June 4, 2023 Full Time
Asst Restaurant Manager on June 4, 2023
Food & Beverage Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Manager on June 1, 2023 Full Time
Food and Beverage Manager – Promontory Club on May 27, 2023 Full Time
Restaurant Bartender on May 26, 2023 Full Time Part Time Seasonal
Chef de Cuisine – Promontory Club – Full time on May 25, 2023 Full Time