As a room service attendant, you will be taking guest orders by phone then delivering said food, drinks, silverware and condiments to guest rooms to fulfill those guest orders. When you are not delivering items to guest rooms, you will be responsible for stocking supplies for orders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Answer Room Service telephones and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu, including, but not limited to, restaurant promotions, specials, how menu items are prepared, etc.
- Upsell food and beverage items including, but not limited to, sides, dessert, beverages, and special promotion items
- Take guest food and beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Reconcile check upon delivery of order including, but not limited to, verifying check totals, and gratuity disbursement.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
- 18+ required 21+ preferred.
- Food Handler Permit, Alcohol Certification.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, proficiency in handling large sums of money, and demonstrate ability to multi-task. i.e, ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
- Requires exercise of judgment within policy guidelines, problem solving and initiation of activities with in job description, and strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary, may be early morning, weekends, holidays, and depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift – 5.30 am – 1.45 pm and 1.45 pm to 10 pm.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks – making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.snowbird.com/jobs/
Related Jobs (27)
Attendant – Food Runner/ Server Assistant – La Stellina on December 5, 2023 Part Time