In Room Dining Server position. Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating excellent food and beverage knowledge. Serve guests food and beverages in their room in a timely and professional manner all the while providing extraordinary service to our guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Memorize current menu items and prices, familiarize yourself on the wine list and vintages.
- Set up scheduled coffee service each morning by 6:00am.
- Review orders as they arrive and properly prepare the correct amount of silver, linens, and vases.
- Check orders for presentation and completeness, cover and place in the cart for delivery, with water and beverages added last.
- Ensure meal completion time is monitored; if meal delivery will be beyond 5 minutes of estimated times, guest is contacted, offered apologies and advised of new time.
- Prepare and set up the dining area according to guest preferences.
- Verify wine orders with guests and be sure to present, cork and offer it to the guests for their approval.
- Be familiar with ticketing and cash handling, check presentation and organization.
- Ensure that stations are properly cleaned, stocked, and organized.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale system.
- Highly motivated, and flexible individual, confident in taking initiative.
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekends when needed.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here opens a pdf file.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?_fromPublish=true&c=1054241&d=KimptonHotelsAndRestaurants-External#/