Job Title: Services & Events Manager
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Services & Events
Coordination of all destination services for assigned meetings & conventions. Create a support network of local stakeholders and partners to ensure that client’s needs are met or exceeded by all destination service providers. Planning and execution of various internal events, board and department meetings as assigned.
- Works to fully understand the client’s goals and objective for a successful meeting, and creates a specific services plan to ensure client’s goals can be met and exceeded.
- Account responsibility as assigned by VP of Services & Events.
- Work as a liaison between destination service providers and client.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service in order to provide client with the best overall experience.
- Prepare Site Inspection Itineraries and accompany groups on site visits.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for select events and other departments meetings as assigned.
- Lead planning meetings, venue selection, vendor communication for events.
- Manage all communications and contacts through CRM software.
- Manage Meetings & Conventions booth schedule.
- Conduct Attendance Promotion trips as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to VP of Services & Events. Works closely with Director of Services & Events, Services Coordinator, Convention Sales staff and other Visit Salt Lake staff. Also works with hotel sales and services staff and the Salt Palace Convention Center staff.
- 5 years of direct service-related support work in a destination marketing organization or hotel industry.
- 1-2 years of event planning experience.
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities, and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and grammatical communication skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands.
- Good working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office software, and general office equipment.
- Experience with SimpleView CRM and MINT.
Insurance: medical, dental, life, long term disability. 401(k) plan, Vacation, Sick, and major holidays PTO.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and a cover letter to Kelly Ware: HRvisitSL@visitsaltlake.com. In your cover letter, briefly outline your relevant experience and why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Visit Salt Lake is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team.
Final candidates will be subject to a background and reference check. E/O/E
CitySalt Lake City