Sous Chef, Basis Function: Coordinate overall preparation and presentation of ala Carte, banquet menus and seasonal outlets and maintaining quality standards in cooperation with Executive Chef. Work with the Executive Chef and Clubhouse Manager to ensure all products is of exceptional quality and meets the needs, standards and expectations of the membership as prescribed by the General Manager. Hiring and training of all full-time, part-time and seasonal kitchen or food preparation employees. Keep all related areas clean and maintained to ensure smooth operation and compliance to health codes. Establish and maintain operational standards of food preparation. Work closely with the Executive Chef and other department heads to offer the best possible services to the membership and their guests. This position is predominantly a P.M. position, requires the need to work on summer holidays and 6 days per week when additional tournaments are added on a Monday.
The Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef. Reports to the Executive Chef and provides information about the kitchen staff, product and guest concerns and issues.
Management of kitchen and related areas:
- Hire and train and terminate staff for optimum output
- Maintain excellent front of the house/back of the house relations
- Create, maintain, and exemplify a good working attitude and atmosphere.
- Ensure timely preparation of smooth service.
- Keep physical plant clean and organized at all times.
a. Evaluate employees regularly and forward results to the Executive Chef
- Assist the Executive Chef with physical inventory at least once monthly.
- Maintain kitchen personnel records
a. Create daily specials for lunch and dinner service
- Assist the Executive Chef with the research and develop of new menu items
Banquets Planning and Set-up*
a. Assist the Executive Chef in creating a game plan for smooth execution of functions
- Display buffets and plates attractively and in accordance with function sheet Specifications.
- Maintain hands-on presence in the kitchen to ensure quality.
- Spot check finished product frequently to monitor quality control.
- Set-up daily plan of action with the Executive Chef and follow through on its completion.
- Exercise creativity for plate presentation.
- Assist the Executive Chef with demonstrating new cooking methods of product to the kitchen staff when required
- Rotate staff through all stations to ensure uniformity and cross training
Purchasing and Receiving
- Maintain and properly rotate fresh, frozen and dry good product
- Assist the Executive Chef in bringing in product in a timely manner for adequate preparation time.
- Cause to have all products, checked in properly so to ensure quality.
- The Members
- Deal with requests or culinary questions in a courteous and accommodating manner.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with fellow managers and subordinates.
- Ready to be called upon on make presentations to all staff about menus or any other type of food presentations
- Stays informed of all club operations and makes sure essentials are passed on to staff
- Standards of the highest quality are goals in all food service areas.
- Through working with the Executive Chef and other department heads of all areas, high standards of; operations, food, services, employees and environments are constantly pursued as set by the General Manager, Committees, and the Clubhouse Manager
Measure of Performance
- Maintaining the highest level of quality as prescribed by the General Manager
- Maintains the best demeanor when interacting with subordinates, co-workers, and superiors
- Maintain the highest level of hygiene and sanitation in all related areas.
- Member satisfaction through quality product and availability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year + up to $2,000 per year bonus
- 401(k) and matching
- Dental insurance
- Paid Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off