The Sous Chef, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, is responsible for assisting in food planning, preparation, and production that is used for the restaurant, banquet functions, and other related outlets. Assists the Executive Chef in menu development, food specifications, recipes, and supervising Sous chefs, production and pastry staff, developing and monitoring food and labor budgets for the department, and maintains the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards. Supervises the culinary team in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assists Executive Chef in planning menus for all food outlets in the Hotel
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of the cooks.
- Coordinates the work of Executive Chef, Line Cooks, Pastry Chef, and Kitchen Assistants to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Assists Executive Chef in safeguarding kitchen staff by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
- Assists Executive Chef standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Attends Food & Beverage staff and management meetings as needed
- Consults with catering department about food production aspects of any special events that are planned in Executive chefs’ absence
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are attained
- Interacts with service director to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and their guests
- Assists Executive Chef in evaluating job performance of kitchen staff; corrects, rewards, and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner
- Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Attends service lineups and ensures that other representatives from kitchen staff attend those lineups
- Motivates and develops staff including cross training and promotion of personnel
- Visits dining area to greet members
- Maintains professional standards and codes of conduct as set forth Associate Handbook.
We are looking for team members who share our values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Now.
- Our team members have the opportunity to travel around the world on their Paid off time for $35-$55 per night.
- We offer Benefits after 30 days of employment! Health, Dental, and Vision
- Employer paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability!
- Paid Sick and vacation days that immediately start accumulating.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://www.hriproperties.com/careers/