The Chief Engineer is responsible for ensuring proper operations maintenance service and repair of all equipment while supporting the Aimbridge Hospitality goals of guest satisfaction cost control and profitability. He/she is also responsible for overseeing and participating in the Preventative Maintenance program ensuring that all rooms and public space meet Aimbridge Hospitality standards. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Current Certification as required by Federal State or Local governing agents pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC pool operation electrical) property specific.
- Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the hotels boilers and chillers as required by state city and local legislation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Train and supervise the hourly Engineering staff and coordinate all scheduling.
- Review Engineering staff’s worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Focus the Engineering Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Engineering personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Engineering interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Respond to employee emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available (with Housekeeping Manager).
- Establish ongoing training for all departments especially Housekeeping Front Desk and Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of their departments and equipment.
- Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments using proper procedures for all purchases and keep all necessary items (light bulbs name tags etc.) stocked.
- Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems including extinguishers smoke alarms etc. to maintain proper safety standards.
- Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy conservation.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented and administered according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Evaluate and spot check the work of all staff and contractors or outside laborers.
- Handle guestroom maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain files of and be familiar with all operational manuals and warranty agreements for equipment.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause; determine emergency status and report to Guest Services and/or the General Manager with findings.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly courteous and helpful to guests all other employees and managers.
- Act as emergency contact person.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Ensure that pool and spa are in compliance with area health codes.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees; Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within department.
- Chair Safety Committee as well as help coordinate fire drills and the training of all employees on safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Conduct daily property tour of the hotel and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Handle items for â€œLost and Foundâ€_ according to the standard.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
CitySalt Lake City
Apply on hotel’s jobs sitehttps://careers-aimbridge.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchRelation=keyword_all&searchCompany=176844