Meticulously designed to frame their natural settings, Aman destinations are renowned for space and privacy. Each welcomes guests as if to the home of a close friend, instilling a sense of peace and belonging amid some of the most diverse natural and historical landscapes. It is an approach that has changed little since 1988 when the first retreat was built on Phuket’s west coast. It was named Amanpuri, meaning ‘place of peace’, and Aman was born. Today, embracing 33 resorts, hotels, and private residences in 21 countries, Aman continues to seek out transformative experiences and awe-inspiring locations around the world.
Amangiri, Sanskrit for Peaceful Mountain, is cradled by the greatest concentration of national parks in the U.S.; a staggering landscape of canyons, mesas, mountains, gorges, rapids and desert. We provide opportunities for guests to explore the area by land, air or water. Hiking, horseback riding and via ferrata crossings are available for every level of ability. Guests can enjoy the glassy waters of Lake Powell through kayaking and an aerial view of the Utah Desert from the basket of a hot air balloon. The Spa at Amangiri integrates the healing traditions of the Navajo into the various spa treatments. Each treatment draws on the four elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Our Food and Beverage team blends the traditional culinary culture of the Southwest with the modern dining experience. Guests at Amangiri enjoy dishes inspired by Native American Cuisine while taking in the sunrise or sunset from the floor to ceiling windows. Opened in July of 2020, Camp Sarika seems truly set apart from the rest of the world. Here, guests enjoy the true connection to nature. Surrounded by canyons and mesas, the wilderness encampment combines the simplicity and solitude of the desert with the thrill of exploration and adventure.
LOCATION – This role is based at our property, Amangiri, in Canyon Point, Utah (near Page, Arizona). Candidates must be interested in relocating to this very remote area of Southern Utah/Northern Arizona.
THE POSITION – The Pastry Cook will assist the Pastry Chef to maintain a superior production of breads, sweets, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, and fresh fruit jams, chocolates, etc. for the dining room, special events, amenities, and banquets. Position includes comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life; employee coverage is approximately $30/month), Paid Time Off, 401k retirement program (partial match), and worldwide travel benefits. Low cost shared housing is available on a limited basis in nearby Page, Arizona to those outside of the region.
Bring your personality, we will train the rest!!
- Responsible to produce high quality of breads, pastries and any prepared food coming from the pastry area.
- Ensure all products are produced in a timely manner.
- Accurately execute recipes and scaling for all items produced.
- Ensure menu items are always able to be produced by ensuring all ingredients are in stock.
- Maintain pastry production sheet and follow through with assigned prep items.
- Perform daily dry storage, walk-in refrigerator, and freezer inspections during each shift to ensure cleanliness and that all pastry related items are stored properly.
- Be aware of food cost by effectively scaling ingredients, minimizing wastage, and preventing theft (no ticket / no food).
- Be effective and productive at all times.
- Ensure that sanitation, hygiene and safety standards are met at all times.
- Proper food storage and handling techniques must executed at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Ensure a safe working environment by proper use of equipment, being proactive in accident prevention and diligent in eliminating safety hazards.
- Communicate respectfully, be supportive, and always work as a team.
- Be professional in all interactions with guests and staff.
- Be flexible with your schedule and willing to work until the job is done.
- May assist in the savory kitchen when needed.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Aman and encourage other staff to do the same.
- Must have culinary degree or at least 2 years’ experience in a pastry position.
- Experience in a luxury resort environment is preferred.
- Must be highly organized and able to work productively in an unsupervised environment.
- This position can be extremely physical in nature. Employee must expect the following for sustained periods during each work shift:
- Sustained standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting of potentially heavy loads, sitting, twisting, etc.
- Working consistently indoors and occasionally outdoors in various climates including extreme heat, cold, rain, and snow.
At Aman we live by a strong set of values. We INVEST IN INDIVIDUALITY by fostering an environment where each person can push boundaries, take risks and challenge norms. Aman encourages everyone to NURTURE THEIR PATHFINDER SPIRIT by exploring opportunities, locations and transform new exciting ventures while ACTING LIKE OWNERS and taking pride in their work. We CELEBRATE COMMUNITIES ensuring that every member of our community is looked after and nurtured in a compassionate, respectful and a collaborative manner to create an uncomplicated sense of belonging.
If this sounds like you and you share our values, then you may find that your natural home lies with Aman. Talk to us about aligning your passion with our opportunities.