Responsible for the planning and management of food preparation in the kitchen. Duties include assisting the Executive Chef in monitoring kitchen activities, expediting orders to ensure quality taste or presentation and taking on additional responsibilities in the Executive Chef’s absence to ensure that kitchen staff has proper direction.
- Assist the Executive Chef in supervising food preparation staff including hiring, coaching, performance evaluations, and development.
- Assist in scheduling all team members to adhere to labor standards guidelines and maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Supervise all cooking operations including methods, portioning, and garnishing.
- Assist in planning meals and developing menus.
- Maintain health and sanitation standards.
- 2+ years of lead line cook experience and/or Sous Chef experience.
- 1+ years of multi-unit leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of restaurant industry operations, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Strong communication skills with ability to motivate employees and obtain positive results.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, results-oriented, and customer-focused.
Competitive pay, hotel discounts and free on-site parking.
CitySalt Lake City